Quilts 2011

05 September 2012

Scrap Vomit

Scrap Vomit by Life on the Selvage Edge
Scrap Vomit, a photo by Life on the Selvage Edge on Flickr.
I think we're going big (or go home) on this bad boy... our king sized bed has a store bought quilt on it {quilter hanging head in shame}.

I'm thinking 7 blocks x 7 blocks. Which means 49 2.5" squares per block multiplied by 49 blocks for a grand totally of 2,401 2.5" squares. ( I always thought the name referred to the mishmash of squares colliding together, but maybe it's more appropriate for the reaction when you think of all those little tiny squares being cut and sewn together!)

But I'm up for the challenge!! I've got 11 blocks done already. BRING IT ON!!

It's perfect to use all the random fabric I have overfilling their storage bins, plus I can keep sewing in the midst of the self-imposed fabric diet I've put on myself.  It's liberating to just put two random squares together and sew, without having to think about how it plays with the fabric next to it. We'll see how far I get, but I have a quilt retreat coming up in November... this may be the project I work on there too!

Linked up...
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. I love your layout and the colors too! You will be sewn' for a while at 2.5" / patch but it will be worth it! cheers, claire W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I keep thinking I will make one...one day! By the way, I finished my Bust yo Scraps quilt and posted it today along with a link to your blog - as your quilt was one of my favs in the group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrappy quilts. The uglier the better I guess. I love the pattern you are using. I, too am a quilter who used to hang her head in shame. Up until last winter, I had a Wal-Mart fake quilt on my bed. I finally finished a quilt and put my foot down that it was going on my bed. Up until then every time I finished a quilt I gave it away. Now I am in the process of making a second quilt for my bed, we will see if I actually get to keep it. My oldest daughter thinks it would look good on her bed in her new apartment.

    ReplyDelete